Monday, April 27, 2015

Puppy Overload

    I have a great love, okay it's an obsession, with all things puppies. People always talk about the crazy cate lady, well I am pretty sure that I am going to become the crazy dog lady. Seriously all I want is a puppy. I have decided that I am going to buy myself a puppy for a graduation present. I mean I worked four hard years in order to graduate, the least I deserve is a puppy!
    My obsession has come to the point where I almost brought home two King Charles Spaniels this weekend. There was a couple giving them away for free and it took every fiber in my being to not walk away with them after playing with them. I'm pretty sure my roommates would have killed me, but it would have been so worth it!
    So I had to fulfill my puppy need somehow. There is a business here in Rexburg called Pups4Play, and they have a bunch of puppies that you can rent. The point is to get them adopted, and you can rent them to give them a little test run. But you can also just rent them to play with them. So this is exactly what we did. I was talking to the owner the other day and I was telling him my plans of renting soon and he asked if I had made a reservation yet, and I hadn't and then he told me to wait a day or two because they had just gotten four husky pups. I was out of my mind excited and reserved one as soon as I could.
    Today was the day! I was distracted all day at work because I just wanted to get home and play with the puppy. We reserved Royce because he had the bluest eyes, but when they dropped him off they had his sister too and asked if we would want her too because she didn't have a place to go and they said they play better together. Of course we said yes, because no sane person would say no to a second husky puppy!

Pure Happiness
    We had Royce and Mila for and hour and a half and just played with them. So much that we wore them out and they both slept for like the last twenty minutes that we had them. Which was totally okay because they were just so darn cute! It was so hard to give them back I just wanted to adopt them right there on the spot.

How could you resist those eyes?!



"I heard somebody define heaven once, as a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you ever loved run to greet you."
-Robert Parker

1 comment:

  1. Court! I just found your new blog. I have been looking everyday at your old one wondering why you haven't posted. Now today I can read them all. New project for today. I finished the quilt but I don't have your address to send it to you. email me your address. Love you.

    ReplyDelete